Quick Grilled-Peach Salsa
Serve this summery salsa over grilled chicken breasts, lamb chops, or flank steak for an infusion of spicy sweetness.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 3 1/4 cups
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2004
- 1/2 recipe Grilled Peaches
- 1 cup plum tomatoes, diced and seeded
- 1 jalapeno, minced (seeds and ribs removed for less heat, if desired)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
Prepare Grilled Peaches; using a paper towel, rub off skins, and cut peaches into 1/4-inch pieces.
In a medium bowl, combine peaches, plum tomatoes, jalapeno, fresh basil, and fresh lime juice; season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Serve with tortilla chips or on top of grilled fish or chicken, if desired.