Pasta Salad with Chicken, Raisins, and Almonds
This recipe works well using leftover or rotisserie chicken. Yogurt and lemon create a tart, creamy sauce without adding a lot of fat.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2009
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 ounces whole-wheat penne rigate (or other short pasta)
- 2 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup golden raisins (optional)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons toasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest, plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water. Drain pasta, then rinse under cold water to stop the cooking.
In a large bowl, stir together pasta, chicken, yogurt, raisins (if using), parsley, almonds, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Thin sauce with pasta water if needed. Season with salt and pepper.