Steak Salad with Onion and Green Beans
This dinner salad is so easy to prepare: slice the cheese and leftover steak, whisk together an herb dressing, and saute the vegetables.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, March 2005
- Parsley Sauce (1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 head Boston lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- Cooked steak (thinly sliced)
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, drained and thinly sliced
Make dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together parsley sauce and vinegar. Set aside.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly golden, 2 to 4 minutes.
Add green beans and 1/2 cup water. Season with salt and pepper; cover, and cook until beans are tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Uncover; cook until vegetables are browned, about 3 minutes more. Remove from heat.
In a large bowl, gently toss lettuce with half the dressing. Divide among 4 plates. Arrange beef, cheese, and vegetables over lettuce. Drizzle with remaining dressing, and season with salt and pepper.