Potato Salad with Quick-Pickled Onions and Celery
A nod to cool, pure Nordic flavors, this is great with salmon or steak.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Photography: Bryan Gardner
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 2016
- 3 pounds red new potatoes
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup light agave syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 3/4 cup packed fresh dill, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium sweet onion, such as Vidalia, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
In a large saucepan, cover potatoes with 2 inches of water; season with salt. Bring to a boil; cook until easily pierced with a knife, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain and let stand until cool enough to handle, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, agave, 2 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, celery seeds, and dill. Add celery and onion. Quarter potatoes and add to bowl along with oil; toss to coat. Serve, or refrigerate in an airtight container up to 1 day.