Pasta Salad with Peas and Summer Beans
Citrusy and cilantro-packed, this dish pairs well with grilled chicken or tuna. It would be equally delicious with mint, parsley or a combination of fine herbs.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Photography: Bryan Gardner
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 2016
- 8 ounces whole-wheat penne
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 8 ounces wax beans, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 6 ounces frozen peas (1 1/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced (2 tablespoons)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest, plus 1 tablespoon fresh juice
- 1 cup packed cilantro, finely chopped
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water 6 minutes. Add beans; cook until pasta and beans are al dente, 4 to 5 minutes more. Add peas and immediately drain. Run cold water over pasta and vegetables until completely cool; drain and transfer to a large bowl.
In a small skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add garlic; cook, stirring often, until golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in lime zest and juice (it may splatter). Add dressing and 3/4 teaspoon salt to pasta bowl; season with pepper. Toss with cilantro. Serve, or refrigerate in an airtight container up to 1 day.