Little Gem Lettuce with Walnut Vinaigrette
Little Gem lettuce is a small, sweet romaine-type variety. Romaine hearts can be used in its place. Recipe courtesy of Clare Vivier.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 12
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 2016
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup safflower oil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 6 medium heads Little Gem lettuce, halved lengthwise
Whisk together both vinegars, shallot, and mustard. Gradually whisk in both oils; season with salt and pepper. Stir in walnuts.
Arrange lettuce on a large platter; spoon vinaigrette evenly over top and serve.