Pasta with Ricotta and Broccoli Rabe
You can substitute the same amount of broccoli for the broccoli rabe in this recipe. Cut florets into small pieces; peel and coarsely chop the thick stems.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Source: Everyday Food, April 2005
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds (1 to 2 bunches) broccoli rabe, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound gemelli (or other short pasta)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 anchovy fillets (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 container (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese (1 2/3 cups)
- 1 cup milk
In a large pot of boiling salted water, boil broccoli rabe 1 minute; with a slotted spoon, transfer to a colander to drain. In same pot of water, cook pasta until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain pasta, and return to pot.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add anchovy fillets (if using), garlic, and pepper flakes; cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 to 60 seconds.
Add broccoli rabe; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in ricotta and milk; cook just until heated through, 3 to 4 minutes.
Add contents of skillet to pasta; season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Serve immediately.