Salmon with Asparagus and Potatoes
The salmon is roasted alongside the vegetables, then served with a slightly sweet bell-pepper relish.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 1
Source: Everyday Food, April 2005
- 2 new potatoes (about 6 ounces) scrubbed, halved, and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon (3 teaspoons) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon orange zest cut into fine strips or grated
- 9 asparagus spears (about 6 ounces) trimmed and cut diagonally into 2-inch lengths
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 skinless salmon fillet (6 to 7 ounces)
- 4 teaspoons fresh orange juice plus 1 teaspoon white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large ovenproof skillet, toss potatoes and asparagus with 2 teaspoons oil to coat; season with salt. Roast 15 minutes (and leave in oven).
In a small skillet, sprinkle salmon (flat side down) with salt. Transfer pan to oven, next to vegetables; roast until salmon is opaque throughout and vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, make relish: In a small bowl, whisk together orange zest and juice, vinegar, honey, and remaining teaspoon oil. Stir in bell pepper and mint; season with salt and pepper.
To serve, spoon vegetables into a shallow serving bowl or plate; top with salmon and relish.