This classic Summer salad features in-season green beans for a fiber, beta-carotene, and vitamin C boost.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Krause, Johansen
Source: Everyday Food, June 2005
- 3 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar and oil; season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Cook green beans in a pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain in a colander; pat dry with paper towels.
Add warm green beans, cannellini, and red onion to dressing in bowl; season with salt and pepper. Toss well. Serve, garnished with Parmesan, if desired.