Iceberg Wedges with Thousand Island Dressing
This is a classic salad to serve with a steak dinner.
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2005
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup tomato-based chili sauce
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cored and cut into 8 wedges
In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, chili sauce, milk, vinegar, relish, parsley, scallion, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
Place iceberg wedges on a platter or divide among 4 plates; drizzle with dressing, as desired. Serve immediately.