Mozzarella, Tomato, and Basil Salad
This classic salad is even better when made at the height of tomato season -- August and September.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, September 2005
- 1 pound plum, beefsteak, or cherry tomatoes (or a combination), cored and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3/4 pound fresh mozzarella, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, preferably extra-virgin
Arrange tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil leaves in an alternating pattern on a large serving platter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; drizzle with oil.