Fudgy Brownie Sundaes
A moist, decadent brownie gets topped with the classic combo of caramel and vanilla ice cream. Martha made this recipe on Martha Bakes episode 609.
- Yield: Makes 6
Photography: Mike Krautter
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces, at room temperature, plus more for ramekins
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate (61%), coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, sifted
- Caramel Sauce for Brownie Sundaes, for serving
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter six 6-ounce ramekins.
Melt butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat, and whisk in sugar. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, until combined. Sift in cocoa and salt. Fold in flour until combined.
Using a 1/2-cup ice cream scoop, divide batter among prepared ramekins. Bake until set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs attached, 30 to 32 minutes. Let cool slightly, and serve warm with caramel sauce and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.