Peas with Bacon Vinaigrette
The natural sweetness of peas pairs perfectly with salty bacon and fresh mint for a side that the whole family will love.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Con Poulos
Source: Everyday Food, May 2011
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 small shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 bag (16 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
Heat a skillet over medium. Add bacon and cook until bacon starts to crisp, 6 minutes. Add shallots to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent and starting to brown, 6 minutes.
Add vinegar and stir to combine. Add peas and cook, stirring occasionally, until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Top with mint leaves.