Almond Brioche Toasts
This eggy bread gets a dose of sweet almond cream and sliced almonds.
- Yield: Makes 10 slices
Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 1997
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups finely ground almonds (5 ounces)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1 twelve-ounce loaf brioche, sliced into ten pieces
- 1/3 cup almonds, sliced
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
Heat oven to 350 degrees. In bowl of electric mixer with paddle attachment, beat butter and granulated sugar until creamy. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add ground almonds, egg, and almond extract; beat until well combined.
Generously spread 3 tablespoons of mixture onto each brioche slice. Garnish with almond slices, and place on an ungreased baking pan. Bake until tops are golden brown and brioche is toasted on both sides, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven; place on wire rack to cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve warm or at room temperature.