Don't give up on yesterday's baguette. Slightly stale bread is perfect for making these flavorful croutons, which are delicious in soups and salads.
Source: Everyday Food, April 2011
- 4 cups bread cubes (1 inch)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 3 tablespoons finely grated parmesan
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss bread cubes with olive oil, oregano, and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper. Bake in a single layer until croutons are toasted and crisp, about 15 minutes, tossing halfway through.