Make this salsa within an hour or so of serving it.
- Yield: Makes 2 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, December/January 1998/1999
- 1 small white onion, finely diced
- 12 ounces plum tomatoes, finely diced
- 4 fresh serrano chiles, stems removed and finely chopped
- 12 large sprigs fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
Place the onion in a fine sieve, and rinse under cold running water; shake sieve to remove any excess water. Transfer onion to a medium bowl, and add the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine, and let stand a few minutes so flavors meld. Store salsa in an airtight container, refrigerated, up to 1 week.