This pretty-in-pink salad becomes light and mousse-like when refrigerated overnight. Delicious as a refreshing side for a potluck picnic or served with roasted ham or turkey during the holidays, this easy recipe can easily be doubled to serve a large crowd.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 10
Photography: Mike Krautter
- 3 cups fresh or thawed frozen cranberries (about 12 ounces)
- 1 orange, cut into 1-inch pieces (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons packed fresh mint leaves
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Coarse salt
- 2 cups heavy cream, plus more for serving
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- Pomegranate seeds, for serving (optional)
Combine cranberries, orange, mint, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a food processor. Pulse just until chopped but not watery, 12 to 15 times.
Whisk cream with remaining 1/4 cup sugar in a large bowl to stiff peaks. Add yogurt and continue whisking until stiff peaks form again. Gently fold in cranberry mixture and pecans, just until combined and no streaks of white remain.
Transfer to a 2-quart serving dish or individual serving dishes. Cover and refrigerate at least 12 hours and up to 1 day. Serve chilled, dolloped with whipped cream, and, if desired, sprinkled with pomegranate seeds.