For best flavor, prepare the pasta salad the day before you plan to serve it.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Photography: Mike Krautter
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound thin spaghetti
- 1/2 small red onion, quartered lengthwise and sliced crosswise (about 1/3 cup)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 medium bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 English cucumber, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch pieces (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives (about 10), pitted and halved
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup packed parsley leaves
- 3 ounces crumbled feta (about 3/4 cup)
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, 9 to 10 minutes. Drain, and let cool slightly.
While pasta is cooking, stir together onion, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, and oil. Season vinaigrette with 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, and sugar.
In a large bowl, combine pasta, bell pepper, cucumber, tomatoes, olives, capers, and vinaigrette. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours and up to 1 day.
Toss pasta with parsley and feta. Re-season, if desired, before serving.