Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
All the ingredients can be stirred up in a single bowl, for a quick cleanup that's as divine as this skillet cookie's double hit of fudgy flavor.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 12
Photography: Bryan Gardner
Source: Martha Stewart Living, May 2016
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1/2 cups (10 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix butter and sugar with a wooden spoon. Stir in egg and vanilla, then flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Stir in chips.
Transfer batter to a 10-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet; smooth top. Bake until just set in center and pulling away from sides, 20 to 22 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes; loosen edges. Turn out onto a wire rack. Reinvert onto a plate, slice, and serve.