Ancho-Chicken and Oregano-Cod Tacos
Drizzle sliced avocado lightly with lime juice to prevent browning.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Photography: linda xaio
Source: Martha Stewart Living, May 2016
- 1 3/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 6)
- 2 pounds skinless cod or hake fillets
- Coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest, plus 1/3 cup fresh juice (from 2 oranges)
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lime zest, plus 3 tablespoons fresh juice (from 2 limes)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 24 corn tortillas, toasted
- Cilantro, avocado and radish slices, and lime wedges, for serving
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Season chicken and fish with salt. Place chicken in a single layer in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Place fish, skinned-side down, in another. Sprinkle chicken with chile powder and fish with oregano. Stir together zests and juices, oil, and garlic; pour mixture evenly over both.
Roast, basting once, until fish is cooked through, 12 to 16 minutes. Remove fish from oven. Baste chicken again; continue roasting until cooked through, 10 minutes more. Let cool 5 minutes. Shred chicken with 2 forks; toss with cooking liquid. Place fish on a platter; spoon cooking liquid over. Serve, with tortillas and accompaniments.