Spicy Pineapple Slaw
To fast-track this recipe, substitute 5 3/4 cups of coleslaw mix for the cabbage and carrots.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Photography: linda xaio
Source: Martha Stewart Living, May 2016
- 5 cups shredded green cabbage (from 1 head)
- 3 carrots, cut on the bias into very thin rounds (3/4 cup)
- 1/2 red onion, very thinly sliced (1 cup), rinsed under cold water and patted dry
- 3/4 pineapple, cut into a small dice (3 cups)
- 2 jalapeno chiles, finely chopped (1/3 cup), ribs and seeds removed for less heat, if desired
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice (from 4 limes)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
In a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, onion, pineapple, chiles, cilantro, and mint. Drizzle with oil and lime juice.
Season with salt and pepper; toss to combine. Let stand 30 minutes. Toss again before serving.