Chocolate Glaze for Devil's Food Doughnuts
Use this chocolate glaze on our Devil's Food Doughnuts.
- Yield: Coats 20 Doughnuts
Source: Martha Stewart Living, October 1998
- 2 1/2 ounces best-quality semisweet chocolate, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 4 teaspoons corn syrup
Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl or the top of a double boiler; set over a pan of simmering water. Heat, stirring with a rubber spatula, until melted and smooth.
Place 1/2 cup plus 1 1/2 teaspoons water in a small pan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
Add the cocoa powder to the boiling water, and whisk until smooth. Add the melted chocolate, heavy cream, melted butter, confectioners sugar, brandy, and corn syrup; whisk mixture to combine.
Return pan to medium-high heat. Cook, whisking constantly, until bubbly and thick, about 2 minutes. Use while still warm.