Crispy Zucchini Slaw
Swap out your typical cabbage for crunchy shoestrings of zucchini in this crisp and refreshing slaw.
- Yield: Makes 6 Cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July/August 1999
- 5 small zucchini
- 3 carrots, peeled
- 1 yellow bell pepper, stem and seeds removed
- 4 large radishes, ends trimmed
- 1 stalk celery, ends trimmed
- 3 ears corn, kernels shaved from cob
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Zucchini blossoms for garnish (optional)
Using the largest holes on a box grater, grate the zucchini and carrots, and transfer to a large bowl. Cut the yellow pepper and radishes into 1-inch matchsticks, and add to bowl. Slice the celery as thinly as possible on the bias, and add to the bowl; add the corn.
In a bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, celery seeds, sugar, salt, and pepper. Pour over salad; toss to combine. Garnish with zucchini blossoms, if desired, and serve.