Chicken Scallopine With Arugula and Lemon
These thin chicken cutlets take about 5 minutes to cook and make for a hearty match to crisp arugula and curls of parmigiano-reggiano cheese.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 2016
- 1 bunch (6 ounces) arugula, large stems removed
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 small chicken cutlets, each about 1/4-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 2 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano, thinly shaved with a vegetable peeler
Divide arugula among 4 plates, leaving center of each empty; season with salt and pepper. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high. Working in batches so as not to crowd, place cutlets in pan and cook until golden brown on bottom, about 2 minutes. Flip and continue to cook until completely cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to plates, next to arugula. Wipe out pan and repeat with remaining oil and chicken. Drizzle with oil, scatter with cheese, and serve, with lemon wedges.