Paprika Shrimp with Walnuts
The nutty texture of whole-wheat pasta highlights the crunch of diced turnips and walnuts.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Maria Robledo
Source: Body+Soul, October 2005
- 2 or 3 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 cups turnips, 1/4 inch cubed
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar or sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sake or rice wine
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, optional
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger and paprika and cook, stirring constantly until fragrant, about 20 seconds. Add walnuts; saute until lightly browned.
Add shrimp; cook and stir until pink and opaque, about 2 minutes per side. Stir in turnips, vinegar, sake or rice wine, salt, and pepper; cook and stir until heated through, about 2 minutes. Stir in parsley. Serve warm.