Strawberry-Cream Cheese Filling
Tangy cream cheese gets a hit of tartness and sweetness from fresh strawberries in this simple-yet-perfect cake filling recipe.
- Yield: Makes about 3 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Kids, Spring
- 24 ounces (3 packages) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups strawberries (about 12 ounces), hulled
Put cream cheese, butter, and sugar into mixer bowl; mix until creamy. Mix in vanilla. Puree strawberries in a food processor; strain. Mix 3/4 cup puree into cream cheese mixture (reserve remaining puree for Swiss-Meringue Buttercream). Use immediately or refrigerate airtight up to 3 days; stir before using.