Give this favorite a big nutrient boost by choosing the right ingredients. Skip the mayo and cheese, which add fat but not much else, and our Romesco Sauce instead.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 1
Source: Body+Soul, November 2009
- 2 slices whole-grain bread, lightly toasted if desired
- 2 tablespoons Easy Romesco Sauce
- 3 ounces roasted turkey breast, sliced
- 2 small leaves romaine lettuce
- Small handful arugula leaves
- Small handful broccoli sprouts
Spread each slice of bread with a tablespoon of the sauce. On one slice, layer the turkey, and then the lettuce, arugula, and sprouts. Top with other slice of bread, cut in half, and serve.