Scallops with Mint Pesto
Earthy and bright pesto is the perfect match for sweet, buttery scallops.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, May 2007
- 2 cups packed fresh mint leaves (from about 2 bunches)
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound large sea scallops (about 12)
Make pesto: In a food processor, place mint, 1/4 cup oil, 3 tablespoons pine nuts, lemon juice, and garlic. Process until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes; thin with water if necessary. Season with salt and pepper.
Pat scallops dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high. Cook scallops, on one side, until browned, about 3 minutes. Flip, and cook until opaque throughout, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Transfer to serving plates; top with pesto and remaining pine nuts.