Quinoa Bowl With Tahini Dressing
This vegan, gluten-free grain bowl is packed with flavors and textures, thanks to roasted veggies, a creamy tahini dressing, and cool, crisp toppings.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Sharon Radisch
Source: Martha Stewart Living, April 2016
- 1 pound broccoli, florets with tender stems, halved if large
- 1 red onion (8 ounces), cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup tahini, well stirred
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 2 cups packed mint leaves, plus more for serving
- Sliced avocado, sliced cucumber, and lightly toasted sliced almonds, for serving
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss broccoli and onion with oil on a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Roast, flipping vegetables once, until golden brown and tender, about 25 minutes.
In a small pot, bring quinoa, 1 1/2 cups water, and a pinch of salt to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 14 minutes. Turn off heat and let stand 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Combine tahini, lemon juice, 1/2 cup water, and mint in a blender. Blend until smooth; add 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Serve quinoa topped with roasted vegetables, avocado, and cucumber, and sprinkled with almonds and mint, with dressing on the side.