Zucchini and black beans come together for a juicy and satisfying taco punctuated by fresh, creamy toppings.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Sharon Radisch
Source: Martha Stewart Living, April 2016
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion (from 1 medium onion)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 corn tortillas
- Sour cream, crumbled goat cheese, sliced radishes, pickled jalapenos and carrots, and lime wedges, for serving
In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high. Add zucchini in a single layer; sprinkle with cumin and coriander. Cook, turning once, until golden, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Season with salt and pepper; cover to keep warm. Reduce heat to medium and add remaining oil, onion, and garlic to skillet; cook, stirring, until softened, 5 minutes. Add tomato paste; cook 1 minute. Add beans and 1/2 cup water, season with salt and pepper, and simmer, smashing some beans with a spoon, until heated through.
With tongs, toast each tortilla over a burner until charred in places; wrap in a towel. Fill with sour cream, beans, zucchini, cheese, and radishes. Serve, with jalapenos, carrots, and lime alongside.