Roasted Carrots with Parsley Yogurt
Parsley-and-mint-pureed yogurt offers a creamy counterpoint to roasted carrots. To make a light side that's packed with flavor, finish with a crumble of briny feta.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Photography: Christopher Testani
Source: Martha Stewart Living, April 2016
- 1 1/2 pounds thin carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise if large
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- Coarse salt
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus whole leaves for serving (optional)
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh mint, plus whole small leaves for serving (optional)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss carrots with 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt. Roast, stirring once, until tender and beginning to brown, 20 to 25 minutes; let cool completely.
Process remaining 3 tablespoons oil, parsley, mint, lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a fine paste in a food processor. Add yogurt and puree. Spread yogurt sauce on a platter; top with carrots. Sprinkle with feta and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with whole herbs; serve.