Winter Vegetable Puree
- Servings: 12
Source: Martha Stewart Living, Winter 1990
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 1-pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 4 parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 6 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 firm, ripe pears, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Melt butter in a large skillet. Saut?egetables and pears for 20 to 25 minutes, until tender. Add a little water if necessary to prevent sticking.
Puree mixture in a food processor. Stir in nutmeg, and season to taste.