Roast Guinea Fowl
- Servings: 8
Source: Martha Stewart Living, Winter 1990
- 3 2 1/2-pound guinea fowl
- 4 cups Wild Rice Stuffing (recipe follows)
- 12 leaves flat-leaf parsley
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Bunch of fresh chervil
- Bunch of fresh parsley
- 8 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1 cup dry white wine
Heat oven to 450 degrees.
Wash birds and pat dry. Gently loosen the skin of each fowl's breast and place flat-leaf parsley leaves under it. Fill birds with stuffing, truss with butcher's twine, and place in a foil-lined roasting pan. Melt butter and brush birds; sprinkle with salt and pepper, and surround with the chervil, parsley, and garlic.
Roast for 15 minutes. Add wine to pan and brush birds again with melted butter. Reduce heat to 400 degrees and roast for 1 hour. Cover with foil and roast for 15 to 30 minutes more.