Wild Rice Stuffing
- Yield: Makes 4 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, Winter 1990
- 6 ounces wild rice
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 oranges, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apples
- 1/2 cup dried currants
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chervil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Cook the rice in boiling water 30 to 40 minutes, until just tender. Drain and set aside.
Melt butter in a large skillet; saut?nion and garlic until tender. Add remaining ingredients except for rice and heat through. Add cooked rice, and season with salt and pepper.