Argentine Chimichurri Sauce
Keep chimichurri sauce in a bottle with a cork in which a small hole has been drilled; shake it over a mixed grill as it cooks.
- Yield: Makes 1 pint
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July/August 1991
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons achiote paste or ground annatto seed (available at spice markets or Latin food stores)
- 2 red serrano chilies, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
Mix together all ingredients and refrigerate, tightly sealed, for a week before use.