Traditionally a dip for vegetables and salt cod, aioli also goes well with lamb or chicken.
- Yield: Makes about 2 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July/August 1991
- 1 egg
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons white-wine vineger
- 1 cup extra-virgin oilve oil
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
Put the first 4 ingredients in a blender or food processor, and process on high speed for 10 seconds. With machine on, add oil drop by drop until emulsified, then in a trickle to finish. Season to taste.