Spring Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
This is a tender, delicate salad, perfect for the first real day of spring. Any mix of attractive, soft-leafed lettuces will do. Don't substitute different flowers unless you are sure your choices are edible.
- Servings: 6
Source: Martha Stewart Living, Spring 1991
- 1 tablespoon fresh grapefruit juice
- 1/2 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 handfuls perella
- 2 handfuls radicchio caesar
- 2 handfuls lollo biondo
- 6 pansies
- 6 nasturtiums
- 6 borage blossoms
Whisk together the juice, vinegar, and oil; season to taste. Toss greens with this dressing, and top with flowers.