The spices and the yogurt coating are key to this flavorful Indian meal.
Source: Martha Stewart Living, October 1993
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 2-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons tandoori masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 4 dozen jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on
- Black sesame seeds, for garnish
Combine all ingredients except shrimp and sesame seeds and mix well. Stir in shrimp and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
Remove shrimp from marinade. Heat a pan over medium-high hat; cook shrimp in a single layer for 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.