Stir-Fried Garden Vegetables
Serve this flavorful stir-fry alongside Grilled Lemongrass Chicken.
- Servings: 8
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July/August 1996
- 1/2 pound Asian long beans or green beans, cut into 3-inch lengths
- 1 pound flowering Chinese mustard or broccoli rabe, cut into 3-inch lengths
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 medium cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, peeled and cut lengthwise 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, cut in 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut in 1/4-inch strips
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oyster sauce
Cook beans and Chinese mustard in boiling water until bright green and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Cool in ice water; drain.
In a wok or a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add garlic and onions; cook, stirring, until they begin to brown, about 1 minute. Add beans, Chinese mustard, peppers, and oyster sauce; cook, stirring, until tender, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately with Grilled Lemongrass Chicken.