Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
This fuss-free frosting is ideal for those who like their sweets not too sweet.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes about 5 cups
- 1 pound cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar (about 4 cups), sifted
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest (from 1 lemon), plus 4 teaspoons juice
Beat cream cheese, butter and sugar until smooth, about 5 minutes. Beat in lemon zest and juice. Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 3 days. Stir until smooth before using.