Watermelon Salad with Red Onion and Black Olives
This refreshing salad gets a tangy bite from olives and red onion.
- Servings: 6
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July/August 1996
- 1 yellow or red watermelon (8 to 10 pounds)
- 1/2 red onion, sliced as thinly as possible into rounds
- 1/4 cup oil-cured black olives, pitted
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Cut watermelon flesh into 1 1/2-inch chunks; remove seeds. Toss watermelon with onion, olives, and cilantro to combine.
Drizzle olive oil and vinegar over salad and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss and adjust seasonings with more oil, vinegar, salt, or pepper as desired. Serve immediately.