Cherry Tomato Salsa
If you can't find fresh poblano peppers, substitute a red bell pepper and a jalapeno pepper and roast them the same way.
- Yield: Makes 2 1/2 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, September 1995
- 2 fresh poblano peppers
- 1 pound mixed cherry and pear tomatoes, in assorted colors (about 4 cups)
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Roast poblano peppers directly over a gas flame or under the broiler, turning until all sides are charred, about 4 minutes. Set aside to cool in a closed paper bag.
When cool enough to handle, peel charred skin from peppers, rinsing fingers with water as necessary. Remove and discard stems and seeds and cut peppers into 1/4-inch dice; place in a large bowl.
Quarter larger cherry tomatoes and slice the pear tomatoes in half lengthwise; add to peppers. Add the remaining ingredients and toss to combine. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour before serving.