Avocado, Spinach, and Pear Smoothie
Just in time for St. Patrick's Day: a nutrient-packed spinach smoothie that hits the sweet spot, thanks to fresh pear and coconut water. With a bright note of mint and some creamy avocado, it's a refreshing way to start the morning.
- Servings: 2
Photography: Aaron Dyer
Source: Martha Stewart Living, March 2016
- 1/2 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 3/4 cup packed baby spinach leaves
- 1 ripe green pear, stem and core removed, chopped
- 3/4 cup coconut water, preferably raw, or apple cider
- Coarse salt
- 3/4 cup packed fresh mint leaves
In a blender, combine avocado, spinach, pear, coconut water, 1 cup ice, and a pinch of salt; blend until smooth.
Add mint; blend just to finely chop. Serve immediately.