Dandelion Greens with Pomegranate Molasses
To extract the pomegranate seeds, halve the fruit, hold each half cutside down over a bowl, and whack the outside with a wooden spoon.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Marcus Nilsson
Source: Martha Stewart Living, March 2016
- 2 teaspoons pomegranate molasses, such as Mymoune (available at kalustyans.com)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 cups dandelion greens (preferably young), cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 ounces ricotta salata, thinly shaved (1/2 cup)
In a small bowl, whisk together molasses, 2 teaspoons water, and oil until smooth. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and a pinch of pepper.
Toss dressing with dandelion greens and pomegranate seeds in a large bowl. Divide evenly among 4 serving bowls; top with almonds and cheese.