This is an easy addition to the Thanksgiving menu since it doesn't require any cooking.
- Yield: Makes 2 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 1995
- 2 cups fresh or defrosted frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 blood oranges or navel oranges, peeled and sectioned, juice reserved
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 stalks celery, peeled to remove strings, cut in 1/4-inch dice
- 1/4 cup pecans, toasted, broken in pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
Place cranberries in food processor and pulse to chop coarsely, about 5 pulses. Transfer to a medium bowl.
Add onion, jalapeno, lime juice, orange sections and juice, ginger, sugar, and celery; mix gently. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 2 days. Just before serving, add mint and pecans and toss to combine.