Source: Martha Stewart Living, May 1996
- 2 purple or green kohlrabi (12 ounces)
- 1/2 small jicama (about 6 ounces), peeled and cut into 1/8-inch-thick matchsticks
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 to 3 dill sprigs, leaves chopped
Trim the stems, leaves, and knobs from the kohlrabi, but do not peel them unless bruised. Cut kohlrabi in half. Using a mandoline or sharp knife, slice into very thin half-moons.
Place kohlrabi and jicama in a medium bowl. Add remaining ingredients and toss to combine. Refrigerate slaw for about 30 minutes before serving.