Easy Chocolate Crust
This crust gives extra sweetness to any pie.
- Yield: Makes one 9-inch pie
Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 1996
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
In a large bowl, sift together flour and cocoa powder. Set aside.
In small bowl, using a fork, combine remaining ingredients; add to cocoa mixture. Rub mixture with fingers until it holds together without large lumps of butter remaining. Turn mixture onto clean surface; knead until smooth, about 1 minute. Form into disc, wrap in plastic; chill 30 minutes.