Use this recipe to dress our Individual Egg Souffles with Frisee Salad. Fresh oregano can be substituted for the marjoram.
- Yield: Makes 1 cup
Source: Martha Stewart Living, May 1997
- 3 plum tomatoes (8 ounces), cut into quarters
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sherry-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Place the tomatoes in a food processor, and puree. Pass the tomato puree through a fine strainer into a small bowl. Whisk in the salt, pepper, mustard, vinegar, and marjoram. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Just before serving, toss into the salad. Serve with the Individual Egg Souffles.