Source: Martha Stewart Living, September 1998
- 6 ripe but firm Hass avocados, halved and pitted
- 2 navel oranges, peel and pith removed
- 3 Kirby or small cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 6 ounces baby cherry or pear tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
- 7 red pearl onions, peeled and cut into thin rounds
- Guava Vinaigrette
Using a soupspoon, scoop out avocado flesh in one piece; reserve shell. Cut flesh into 1/2-inch dice; set aside. Repeat. Separate orange sections; discard membranes.
Place oranges, cucumbers, three-fourths of tomatoes, cilantro, onions, and vinaigrette in a bowl; toss. Add avocado; gently toss. Divide among shells. Garnish with cilantro, remaining tomatoes, and any extra salad.