Potato and Egg Salad
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 4 cups
Photography: Mike Krautter
- 1 pound micro red potatoes, halved (3 cups)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Prepare a iced water bath for the eggs. In a medium saucepan, combine potatoes with salted water to cover and bring to a boil. Gently add eggs, then boil 10 minutes more until potatoes are fork-tender. Transfer eggs the prepared ice bath to cool. Drain potatoes.
Whisk together mustard and vinegar in the bottom of a large bowl. Add oil in a slow and steady stream, whisking constantly, until emulsified; remove and reserve 2 tablespoons dressing for serving. Add potatoes, chives, and parsley to large bowl; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
Peel eggs and quarter lengthwise. Season with salt and pepper. In a serving bowl, layer potatoes and eggs, drizzling eggs with extra dressing.